Monday, November 1, 2010

Owning My Life

Luscious, by definition means richly appealing to the senses or the mind, sweet, and extremely pleasurable.

I want a life like this and having the kids around inspires me to be more than I am right now. They deserve the best of me and I know that means physically, mentally and spiritually.

I used to put this off for a variety of reasons. Primarily, I put other people's needs and wants before mine. Now I've come to believe that being selfish sometimes isn't a bad thing when it comes to self-preservation. But more than this most basic human need to protect oneself, valuing and honoring the self requires a certain degree of this selfishness.

It could also be a fear of change. I, who thrived on variety and dynamic situations, have found out that I do seek comfort in the familiar and constant. While security provides stability, change needs to happen for one to grow and thrive. And like any human being, it really is a scary thing to jump into untested waters.

But all you have to do is have faith that everything is perfect in the universe, and then just jump into it. It would be hard at first (and scary) but that's what happens when you accept that YOU are responsible for your life, you have sole control, and you can steer it in any direction you wish because you have finally owned your life.

You might even surprise yourself when wings sprout and you actually fly!

Reposted from Mommyluscious "Why Wait":

I don't mind taking turns, exercising patience and waiting for my ship to come in. In fact, it's one of the virtues I try to teach Oona.

However, there are some situations when you just hafta really hustle if you wanna get a move on!

I'm tired of waiting on fate to bring me what I want. I'm tired of watching people achieve their dreams first. I'm tired of putting myself on hold. I'm tired of postponing my plans and delaying my dreams. I'm done, I'm through, I'm stopping this nonsense right now.

That dream career? I'm taking that. That house? I'll take it. Those fat bank accounts and paying investments? They're mine, thank you. That glamorous, wonderful goddess in the mirror? Why, that's me! Worshipping is allowed, mortal. Bring tribute and I shall be pleased.

When you want something done right, you do it yourself. You don't need to hitch your wagon to someone else's shooting star. You can fly yourself to the moon even if you have to build the dang rocket out of scrap metal and spare parts.

What's life without grabbing some bulls by the balls? Er...Horns. I meant, horns.
For this instance, I'm tired of just waiting for good things to happen to me and for me. I'm making them happen right now.

My change to living lusciousness has begun.

2 comments: